A question I often get is, “When should I get my senior photos done?” Knowing when to do your senior portraits is important. There are a couple of different things to consider when you are choosing the time of year.
- When are your yearbook photos due?
- Where do you want to do your photos?
- What do you want them to feel like?
Senior year is busy!
Senior year is special and fun, but it can also be super busy. Between college visits and applications, sports and activities, homework and classes, many high school seniors find themselves very stressed once the school year begins.
Getting your session done before the school year begins leads to less stress and one less thing to worry about.
Late Spring ~
The best time of the year to do your photos is mid to late spring of your junior year. A lot of yearbook deadlines are pretty early in the school year. You don’t want to wait too long and miss having your favorite photo in your senior yearbook.
Beautiful summertime ~
There are many advantages to getting your senior photos in the summer.
- First, even if you are have a job and/or sports practices, you probably have more free time in the summer than during the school year.
- Second, the weather in the summertime is usually beautiful and warm. Beach sessions are popular here along the CT Shoreline, and there is no question that summer is the best time to be at the beach.
- Finally, summer days are longer and longer days mean there are more choices for session times.
That Fall Feeling ~
This isn’t to say that fall isn’t a beautiful time for senior portraits, because it certainly is. Many schools accept senior photos for yearbooks through late early December.
For those that prefer the fall for their senior portraits, you’ll want to keep in mind that turnaround for your photos can take up to 3 weeks in the fall. Ideally, you should get your senior photos taken no later than mid October.
Let’s book your Senior Portrait Session and start planning for some amazing photos!
My weekends book in advance, so if a senior is limited to a weekend, booking in the spring (for a summer or fall portrait session) is important. Either way, the sooner we get you on the calendar, the sooner we can start planning the details.