As summer comes to an end, I am getting ready to post my last image for my first personal project 100 Days of Summer. I thought it would be fun to pick my top ten favorite photos from them all!
It definitely was not easy always having an image for every single day and I definitely had to do a little begging and pleading with my family members towards the end there, but I really enjoyed this so much. Doing a project like this makes me shoot for myself all the time and for the first time in a long time I felt excited doing that.
It also really showed me just how amazing my life is and how lucky and blessed I am.
I take a lot of landscape photos and while I love doing that a lot, it is no surprise that my favorite photos are the ones that have meaning and connection for me.
So as summer comes to an end, here are my favorite ten photos from my 100 Days of Summer project! Thank you so much for following along.
1) Day 20/100 – Summer Bike Ride – This photos just says summer to me. I love the sunflare and how it makes my daughter’s hair glow.
2) Day 29/100 – 4th of July Parade – I just love my little neighborhood. 🙂
3) Day 61/100 – My first Milky Way. I love this shot because this whole night was so much fun. We went to a friend’s house to watch the sunset. It was such a beautiful, warm night we ended up staying for hours watching all the stars. It occurred to me that if the Milky Way was around I could probably see it. When I looked it up on an app I have for viewing it, it was right there in front of us. I took this shot when I got home because there wasn’t as much light pollution as the beach we were on. There is still a lot of light pollution here but I love it anyway. What a special night.
4) Day 39/100 – Carnival Lights. Another night shot I had been wanting to get for a while – doing a long exposure of carnival lights. This was just the local carnival up the street and I literally walked in there with my tripod and set it up right in the middle of the grounds. My husband and I ended up staying for some fried dough and birch beer and had a great time.
5) Day 13/100 – Father’s Day, Taken outside The Penny Lane Pub in downtown Old Saybrook, CT. This is probably my FAVORITE photo of them all. Here are all my blessings.
6) Day 69/100 – Sunflowers and Sunflare. When I asked my daughter to let me photograph her holding a bouquet of sunflowers in the light, it reminded of a similar photo of her taken when she was 3. My husband loves this photo so much he wants me to print this one for him.
7) Day 86/100 – First Day of School. As summer comes to an end everybody is heading back to school. And for the first time in over 20 years I didn’t have anyone going back to school – as a student. But my daughter did go back as a teacher and I am bursting with pride.
8) Day 64/100 – Summer concerts. Taken at a concert on our town green on a beautiful, warm, sunny evening, this is the ONLY photo I have of the two of my girls together from this summer.
9) Day 93/100 – Magical Field of Flowers. I absolutely LOVE this photo. A late summer afternoon field of flowers with golden light. MAGICAL.
10) Day 100/100 – Self-Portrait on my beach. I don’t often do self-portraits. But I want to do them more often. 🙂
Linda Sobolewski is an on-location, natural-light, professional photographer specializing in seniors, couples, family & children.
Linda Sobolewski Photography is based out of Westbrook, CT and serves the Connecticut shoreline and surrounding areas.